Stern’s Anti-Fraud Guidelines
Stern International Bank takes your privacy and the security of your accounts very seriously. To help you defend against fraudulent activities, Stern Bank has compiled a list of these important tips:
· Change your passwords regularly, at least 1 time every 6 months.
· Your computer software – including your web browser, anti-virus software, and operating system – must be up-to-date.
· Be cautious about email attachments and do not click on links within email because they may contain phishing scripts.
· Log out of websites after you have concluded secure sessions.
· When you don’t use your computer, turn it off or disconnect from the web.
· If you have fallen victim to an online scam (or you think that you may have), change all your passwords.
The Federal Trade Commission‘s site also contains details about online safety, identity theft, and online scams.
If you suspect you have received a fraudulent email that appears to be from Stern Bank, forward it to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reporting suspected email or online fraud (i.e. phishing scams) help us protect you and your assets.
After you report fraudulent emails appearing to be from Stern Bank but not sent by us, we work closely with appropriate agencies to investigate them. Therefore, feel free to forward those emails yourself to the FTC at email@example.com or call 1-877-IDTHEFT.
We appreciate your help in our effort to combat fraud. Stern Bank takes fighting fraud and providing security to our clients extremely seriously. If you have any questions, please contact us.